Sometimes, we all need a little indulgence as part of a balanced approach. For some of us, that’s a great glass of Pinot, or a new silky scarf. For me, it’s both those of those, plus some good quality dark chocolate with my peppermint tea after a long week.
Dark chocolate has plenty of great health benefits which we’re all pretty aware of; from the great antioxidants (what do you mean I’m getting a facial, as I eat this? Best!) to the extra minerals like magnesium and iron it contains. It improves our good cholesterol levels, lowers our blood pressure and boosts our “feel good” hormone levels. It’s also the perfect little energy hit. SO without further ado and justification here it is….
Here’s my Dark Chocolate, Raspberry and Salt Bark Recipe
- 300g of the BEST quality dark chocolate you can get your mittens on. Aldi do a fabulous Belgium 85% for cheap as chips.
- 150g of fresh raspberries (prefer blueberries or a mix of both? Not a problem!)
- 100-150g of your choice of: unsalted almonds, cashews, hazelnuts or macadamias, roughly chopped.
- Pinch of Mineral Sea Salt (I like Murray River)
- (OPTIONAL) – I love my chocolate bark with thinly sliced figs, but this is optional!
- Line a flat cookie tray with baking paper
- Melt the chocolate in a small saucepan, on low heat and don’t forget to stir frequently
- Stir the berries and nuts in slowly, then add a pinch of mineral sea salt
- Pour the chocolate mixture on to the lined tray, sprinkle with one more small pinch of salt and freeze for at least 4 hours.
This keeps in the fridge for at least 2 weeks, if it can last that long!
If you loved this recipe, then you will LOVE my upcoming 21 Day Endless Eating Challenge, that kicks off on the first day of Spring!
Lock in your early bird rate here, and join us for an interactive 21 days of spring cleaning, without the feeling of deprivation and denial in a supportive online community.